Steve P. Young is the founder and host of Mobile Apps Chat, a podcast that offers expert information and resources to app makers (and app-makers wannabes) world-wide.
Steve is a marketing consultant, coder, and entrepreneur with a vision for utilizing the huge potential of the mobile apps market.
In today’s episode, Steve discusses…
- The Mobile App Chat, its creation, and its purpose
- What it takes to join the app marketplace as a developer (no coding experience needed!)
- Re-skinning apps versus development from scratch
- Outsourcing actual app creation: oDesk, eLance, and how to hire (and pay) good contractors
- How to make money in the app market: Why you should not stop at one
- Treating apps as works in progress
- Apps and building an audience: Sources of traffic
- Android vs. IOS: Visibility vs. Monetization
- How to use apps as extensions of your business – no matter the field
- Getting press for your apps and products: Testing pitch content, down to the email subject header
- How to place keywords in an app to get more hits
Links mentioned in this episode:
Like what you heard? Subscribe to the show! It’s quick and free, and it will keep you updated with our latest episodes and amazing guests.