Budi Voogt loves music and entrepreneurship. Accordingly, Budi has built his business around helping talented individuals be heard and appreciated. Budi co-founded the artist management agency, Heroes Management, as well as started Heroes Recordings.
In today’s episode, Budi discusses…
- How he came to run a music label and work with artists
- YouTube, SoundCloud, and contemporary audiences. Marketing music in the digital world
- Leveraging the SoundCloud platform: How to get the proper exposure for your music and find your audience
- Networking in the digital music world
- Writing and publishing as a networking tool: Profits versus reach
- Leveraging your website design to sell your products
- The need for “true fans;” a tipping-point issue
- Social media versus email marketing. Build mailing lists!
- The importance of quality music, good mastering, and on-point PR
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Budi Voogt, official site
- Heroic Recordings
- The Manual: How to Have a Number One the Easy Way
Like what you heard? Subscribe to the show! It’s quick and free, and it will keep you updated with our latest episodes and amazing guests.